Tuesday, February 7, 2012

All in a day's work...Peaceful Protest, Part II

All in a day's work...


Remember my blog about the peaceful protest? If unsure, take a breeze back and then todays blog will make sense.

Shortly after I wrote that blog, I was assured by my principal and head teacher that I would not be transferred to another school or district. The mothers had protested and my principal made many calls expressing her concern over our schools loss of budget. In the end, she was notified that I could stay and nothing more would happen until my contract ended.

But I should have known better. After all, I do live in Korea J

Monday morning I received a phone call stating that I would be transferred to another district of Seoul AND school for the start of the new school year (March 2012) because of budget cuts.  He was also unsure where I would be relocated, but stated I would receive a phone call shortly. I mentioned to him everything I had been told about the situation and he then requested to speak to my co-teacher.

Long story short, my principal and vice principal have been on the phone for the last three days trying to sort this all out. The head teacher approached me to give an update on the situation and she said, Cony, I am unsure how this will be, but I will tell you I hear lots of yelling. LOL

From what Ive been told, the district board and office of education are not communicating well with each other, and this is turning into a bit of a battle. AWKWARD!! There was also talk about me signing a contract with just my school, but this decision would NOT be in my best interest, and I quickly dismissed this notion.

Honestly, I appreciate the efforts of my school, but the reality of this situation is that I am not under contract with them and if the office tells me Im moving then I must. Im not crazy happy about moving to another district and starting fresh at a new school, but this kind of goes with the territory when teaching in Korea. You just never know what will happen from week to week. Its all part of the adventure I guess lol.

Once sorted, Ill post the outcome J


No comments:

Post a Comment